Chocolate Lavender Meringue Kisses
Posted on January 01 2018
Easy and delicious, these fudgy lavender scented treats are great for any party or host gift.
Chocolate Lavender Meringue Kisses Recipe
- 4 Egg whites (room temperature)
- 1/4 Teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- A Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 Cup Terre Bleu lavender sugar
- Preheat oven to 200° F, with rack in centre of the oven
- Cover baking sheet with wax paper
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla and salt until foamy. Sift cocoa and 2 tablespoons of Terre Bleu lavender sugar and set aside. Add remaining Terre Bleu lavender sugar to egg white mixture a tablespoon at a time, beat well after each addition, making sure sugar is dissolved. Continue to beat until mixture is glossy and forms stiff peaks.
- Sift cocoa and sugar mixture over the meringue, gently fold in with a spatula, just until blended. Spoon meringue mix into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2 inch star tip. Place 1 inch meringue kisses onto the lined pans. Bake for one and a half hours, meringues are done when they are crisp and firm. Turn off oven and leave meringues in oven to dry for another hour. Store covered in a dry place.