Posted on October 19 2018
Warm your hands and soul with this unique winter beverage. Perfect whether you are relaxing by the fireside, reading a book, or bringing along to enjoy your favourite holiday activities. While working at Terre Bleu, coming inside to be embraced by a delicious scent of coffee or tea and lavender makes up for the cold weather. This warm cup of love filled with freshly brewed coffee or steeped tea, foamy milk, and a dash of calming lavender will keep a smile on your face no matter how high the snow piles.
- 1 cup strong coffee or earl grey tea
- 1/4 cup half and half (you can also use milk or any dairy-free replacments)
- 2 tablespoons lavender syrup (see recipe below)
- Sprinkle of dried lavender for decoration
Lavender Simple Syrup
- Add 1/2 cup of water to a small saucepan with 1/2 tablespoons of Terre Bleu Culinary Lavender bud and bring to a boil.
- Stir in 1 cup of sugar until it dissolves.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for atleast an hour.
- Strain lavender bud or leave lavender in syrup for added flavour.
- Place milk into a microwave safe safe jar and heat for about 30 seconds, until warm. Tightly screw lid into jar and shake for a few seconds, until milk is foamy. Or use a milk frother.
- Place 2 tablespoons of lavender syrup per mug. Pour hot coffee or tea over the syrup and then pour the foamy milk on top. Garnish with dried lavender if desired.