Lavender Pumpkin Bread
Posted on January 01 2018
Lavender Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (1 cup whole wheat pastry flour)
- 2 cups Terre Bleu lavender sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15-ounce canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup salad oil
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- Plus sprinkle dried Terre Bleu culinary lavender sugar crystals to dust the top of each loaf
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease well, two 9” by 5” loaf pans. In a large bowl, with fork, mix flour with next 5 ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and mix just until blended. Pour batter into pans. Sprinkle some dried lavender and sugar crystals on top, for a really nice finish.
- Bake about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely on racks. When cool, wrap each loaf and store at room temperature. Makes 2 loaves.