Show someone you care by making this delicious and easy Lavender Strawberry Tart. A great idea for Valentine's day or any day that you want to spread a little joy.
Makes 1 nine inch tart
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
- 12 strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground Terre Bleu Lavender Culinary Bud
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup Terre Bleu Lavender Strawberry Jam
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C).
- Combine butter, sugar, salt and lavender bud in a medium bowl and beat until creamy. Add the flours to the butter mixture and continue to mix until the flour is mixed in and large crumbles form.
- Line the bottom of the tart pan with parchment paper or grease. Press half of the dough into the tart pan. Press the remaining dough to form large clumps and place in the refrigerator.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until edges begin turning a light golden brown. Allow cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix the strawberry jam and most of the sliced strawberries together. Keep a few slices aside to decorate the top of tart.
- Once the tart has cooled slightly, spread the jam and strawberry mixture in the tart shell, leaving about 1/2 inch border.
- Gently sprinkle the remaining dough over the top of the tart. Place the remaining strawberry slices on top.
- Place the tart back in the oven and back for another 25-35 minutes or until it is a golden brown colour.
- Allow the tart to cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and icing sugar together until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add a few drops of lemon juice at a time. If the glaze is too thin, add small amounts of icing sugar at a time.
- Drizzle the glaze over the tart.
© 2022 Terre Bleu Lavender Farm Inc.