Lavender Essential Oil Dry Shampoo
Posted on October 30 2019
No one wants oily hair, but some dried shampoo products can take a toll on your scalp, or cost a premium at the drugstore. The solution? Homemade dry shampoos made with natural ingredients and a hint of Terre Bleu Lavender Essential Oil, leaving your hair fresh and smelling great!
- 1 cup arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1 cup cocoa powder (optional - for brown/ dark hair)
- 10 drops of Terre Bleu Lavender Essential Oil
- Jar with lid
- Old makeup brush
- Mix equal parts arrowroot powder and cocoa powder (if using) in a small container.
- Add 10 drops of lavender essential oil directly to powder. Stir well until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Store in a resealable jar.
NOTE: add more or less cocoa powder to the mixture to achieve a colour that best matches your hair. If you have light blonde or grey hair, you may not need to add any cocoa powder!
How to Use
- Use when you hair needs a refresh from greasy hair without washing your hair!
- Use an old makeup brush to apply the dry shampoo to your roots or greasy areas of your hair. This is where most of the grease in your hair accumulates, so you should try to get as near to your scalp as possible.
- Using the brush, spread the dry shampoo throughout your head as needed until all areas are reached.
- Gently brush out excess powder if necessary.