Apple Blondies with Maple and Lavender
Posted on October 01 2020
Makes 9 squares
- 2 large apples, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground lavender
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoon ground Terre Bleu Culinary Lavender
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Terre Bleu Lavender Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- In a small pot, cook apples, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and lavender over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from stove and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Line a 11"x7" pan with parchment paper, or grease well.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add brown and white sugar to butter and mix until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in flour mixture, stirring well between each addition until well combined.
- Spread half the batter on the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- Spread an even layer of the cooled apple mixture over top of the batter.
- Spread the remaining batter over the apples.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes. The top should be golden brown.
- Allow to cool in pan.
- In a small pot, gently heat the butter, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sifted icing sugar until smooth.
- Allow mixture to cool until it begins to thicken (about 10 minutes).
- Pour over the cooled blondies and allow glaze to harden.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!