Makes one 8 x 8 inch pan of fudge
IngredientsLavender Chocolate Fudge
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1.5 tbsp Terre Bleu Culinary Lavender, finely ground (with a mortar and pestle or in a coffee grinder)
- 1 tbsp Terre Bleu Culinary Lavender
- 2 tsp Maldon sea salt, or flaked sea salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Chocolate Lavender Fudge
- Line a square baking pan with foil, then lightly butter. Set aside.
- Place all fudge ingredients into the top of a double boiler or heatproof metal bowl over a boiling pot of water. Allow the chocolate chips and butter to melt into a smooth mixture, stirring often.
- Pour the mixture into pan and smooth top. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until set or overnight.
- Remove the lavender fudge from the refrigerator to sit at room temperature while the caramel topping is prepared. Combine salt and lavender; set aside.
- Place sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Allow to warm until sugar begins to melt; stir until fully liquefied (approximately 10-12 minutes from starting to heat the sugar).
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add butter. Stir.
- Slowly pour cream into the caramel mixture. Stir to fully incorporate. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Spread the caramel on top of the fudge and smooth. Quickly sprinkle the salt and lavender on top before it sets. Return to the refrigerator to set for a few hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator, lift out of the foil and pan. Cut, serve and prepare to melt into bliss!