Makes one 8x8 inch pan (approximately 9 brownies)
Prep time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 40-50 minutes
- 3/4 cup (75 g) cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup (250 g) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely ground Terre Bleu Culinary Lavender Bud
- 1 tablespoon finely ground Terre Bleu Lavender Grey Tea
- 1 cup (227 g) unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120 g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 oz (250g) chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C).
- Line 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together cocoa power and white sugar, set aside.
- In a medium pot, melt butter. Over low heat, add in the cocoa and sugar mixture and stir until combined. The mixture will be thick and there will be some liquid separated. Pour this mixture into the bowl and cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add in the butter and cocoa mixture. Add in the vanilla, lavender and earl grey and mix until combined.
- Gently add in the flour and salt on low speed until no flour is visible.
- With a spatula, stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. The brownies start to pull away from the edges of the pan once baked.
- Cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Remove from pan and continue cooling for at least 15 minutes. It is easiest to cut clean squares when completely cooled.
- Serve with ice cream, whipped cream or fruit.
© 2021 Terre Bleu Lavender Farm Inc.