Time to roll up your sleeves and check out this perfect holiday recipe. The herbs in this stuffing brings a homey comfort as well as a fun flourish of lavender. Having personally tested and created this recipe we at Terre Bleu will give you a little tip before you dive in: make large batches! This stuffing will definitely be devoured and enjoyed by all your guests at the holiday table.
- 1 loaf of bread (approximately 10 cups cubed)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions
- 2 stalks of celery
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Terre Bleu Herbes de Provence
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 225°F (105C)
- Cut loaf of bread into cubes (approximately 1 inch cubes). Place bread in a single layer on baking tray and bake until crisp and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Stir the bread and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Dice onions, garlic and celery into small pieces. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic to skillet and cook. Stir occasionally until tender and start to become golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add celery to skillet and cook until tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to boil. Stir in Terre Bleu Herbes de Provence, parsley, sage, salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable and broth mixture to bread and toss until well coated. Fold in beaten eggs.
- Transfer mixture to a large baking dish. Cover with foil and bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake until golden brown, another 15-20 minutes.
Coat a whole chicken well in olive oil. Rub 1 tablespoon of Terre Bleu Herbes de Provence thoroughly on the outside of chicken. Season with pepper and Terre Bleu Lavender Sea Salt. Cook in oven using your favourite method until thickest portion of chicken reaches an internal temperature of 82°C (165°F). Serve with stuffing!
© 2018 Terre Bleu Lavender Farm Inc.