Lavender Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
Posted on October 23 2020
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely ground Terre Bleu Lavender Culinary Buds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- lemon zest from 3 lemons, finely grated
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Grease and flour a 9 by 5 inches loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, lavender, poppy seeds, salt, and baking powder with a fork. Finely grate the zest of 3 lemons directly into the flour mixture. Stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter, milk, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gently add in the flour mixture just until it is combined, do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the centre rack of oven for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool for ten minutes in the pan. Gently flip onto rack to continue to cool
- to make glaze, stir together lemon juice and icing sugar until no lumps remain. Pour onto the top of warm loaf. Allow loaf to cool at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with lemon slices and lavender bud, if desired.