Lavender Lemon Squares
Posted on December 12 2019
A trendy and delicious take on a traditional recipe. These sweet and buttery Lavender Lemon Bars will disappear from the dessert table in minutes!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1.5 tsp finely ground Terre Bleu Lavender Culinary Buds
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 6 extra large eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 tbsp finely ground Terre Bleu Lavender Culinary Buds
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (4-6 lemons)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- Icing sugar for dusting
- In a food processor, grind at least 3 tablespoons of dried lavender culinary buds until fine. Note: depending on your processor, you may need to add in extra lavender bud if the lavender is not grinding well.
- Cream together butter and sugar until creamy using the paddle attachment an electric mixture.
- Add to the butter and sugar mixture, 1.5 teaspoons of ground culinary bud, until combined.
- On low speed, add in the flour and salt to the butter mixture until just mixed.
- Dump dough onto a flat surface and gently gather the dough into a ball. Press dough into parchment lined baking pan (9 x 13 inch). Along the edge of the pan, build up an edge of 0.5 inches on all sides. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until it is lightly browned. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, ground lavender, lemon zest, lemon juice and flour.
- After the crust has cooled for 20 minutes, pour the filling on top of the crust.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the filling has set.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Before serving, cut into smaller pieces and dust with icing sugar.
© 2019 Terre Bleu Lavender Farm Inc.