Lavender Pumpkin Scones
Posted on October 08 2020
Makes 8 scones
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground Terre Bleu Culinary Lavender Bud
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream, to brush
- 2 cinnamon sticks, cut into 1inch pieces
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Terre Bleu Lavender maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375⁰F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together: flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, lavender and salt.
- Grate the butter into the flour mixture. As you are grating, gently stir the butter so it gets coated in flour.
- In a small bowl, stir until smooth eggs, cream and pumpkin puree.
- Stir the pumpkin mixture into the flour until a dough forms but it still crumbly.
- Gently press the dough together until it forms a flat disc. Cut dough into 8 equal wedges. At this stage, you can either bake in these pieces or shape into pumpkins.
- To shape into pumpkins. Gently shape each piece into a sphere. Cut three 8 inch pieces of cooking twine. crisscross the strings over a centre point into a star formation. Place a dough ball onto the centre point. Firmly tie each piece of string so that a string creates a ridge in your dough. Trim excess ends of the string. Place onto parchment paper.
- Gently brush each scone with cream
- Bake on a tray lined with parchment paper for 20 minutes.
- Allow the scones to cool. Gently remove the strings from each scone.
- Stick a 1 inch piece of cinnamon bark into the top of each scone for your pumpkin stem.
- In a small pot, gently heat the butter and maple syrup over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sifted icing sugar until smooth.
- Allow mixture to cool until it begins to thicken (about 10 minutes).
- Dip the tops of the scones in the glaze.
- Allow glaze to set and enjoy!