Lavender Rice Krispie Hearts
Posted on January 30 2020
- 1/4 cup butter
- 250 grams marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground Terre Bleu lavender bud
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 2 cups white chocolate (or white candy melts)
- 1/2 cup purple coloured chocolate (or purple candy melts)
- Melt butter in a large pot over low heat until melted. Add marshmallows to the pot and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add vanilla extract (if desired) and ground lavender bud. Stir to combine. Note: to make ground lavender use a food processor to grind into smaller pieces.
- Add in rice krispies and stir until combined.
- Pour the rice krispies onto a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Press the rice krispie mixture into a flat sheet.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Take your cookie cutter and cut out the rice krispie treats. Place on a separate baking sheet. Allow to cool for another 20-30 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate (or candy melts) gently in a double boiler or in 30 second increments in the microwave. Heat and stir until smooth.
- Dip half of the heart into the white chocolate, allow the excess to drip off, and place a parchment lined baking pan.
- Heat the purple coloured chocolate until smooth. If necessary, add shortening to make into a thinner consistency.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the purple chocolate over the rice krispie hearts.
- Sprinkle with lavender bud as a garnish on top. Allow to cool. Enjoy!
Note: Candy melts can often be found in your local bulk food store. If you want to dye your white chocolate, make sure you get an oil based colour. Most icing colours contain water, which will cause the chocolate to seize and it will not be usable!