Salted White Chocolate Lavender Cookies
Posted on July 13 2018
Makes 24 cookies
These soft, delicious cookies filled with sweet white chocolate chips and organic lavender are the perfect treat. Enjoy on their own, with a cool glass of milk, or a warm cup of hot chocolate. The lavender and sweet aroma of these cookies will spread through your house radiating calmness.
- 2 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp baking salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups Terre Bleu Lavender Sugar
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 6 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk (at room temperature)
- 6 oz. white chocolate chunks (about 1 and 1/2 cups)
- Terre Bleu Lavender Sea Salt (for sprinkling)
Combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in small mixing bowl, set aside.
In separate bowl, using an electric mixer (using paddle attachment), beat together butter, shortening, and lavender sugar on medium- high speed for 3 minutes.
Add in eggs and beat until fluffy (about 3 more minutes)
Add flour mixture and chocolate chips and beat on low until combined
Scoop cookie dough onto cookie sheet lined with parchment. Make 2 inch balls and press down to flatten. Keep cookies 2 inches apart on cookie sheet
Place cookies in freezer for 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 375⁰F
Remove cookies from freezer and bake for 12 minutes.
Once finished baking, immediately sprinkle each cookie with lavender sea salt and lavender bud
Allow to cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets before moving to wire cooling rack.