Salted White Chocolate Lavender Cookies
Posted on July 13 2018
These soft, delicious cookies filled with sweet white chocolate chips and organic lavender are the perfect treat. Enjoy on their own, with a cool glass of milk, or a warm cup of hot chocolate. The lavender and sweet aroma of these cookies will spread through your house radiating calmness.
- 2 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp baking salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups lavender sugar (see recipe below)
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 6 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk (at room temperature)
- 6 oz. white chocolate chunks (about 1 and 1/2 cups)
- Sea Salt (for sprinkling)
- Lavender Culinary Bud (for sprinkling)
To make lavender sugar, blend 1 tbsp of Terre Bleu Lavender Culinary Buds in a food processor for 10 to 15 seconds. Add 1 cup of sugar to the processor and blend well, for 15 to 20 seconds, until the lavender is finely ground and mixed with the sugar. Whisk the lavender sugar together with the remaining cup of sugar until the lavender is well dispersed.
Makes 24 cookies
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in small mixing bowl, set aside.
- In separate bowl, using an electric mixer (using paddle attachment), beat together butter, shortening, and lavender sugar on medium- high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add in eggs and beat until fluffy (about 3 more minutes)
- Add flour mixture and chocolate chips and beat on low until combined
- Scoop cookie dough onto cookie sheet lined with parchment. Make 2 inch balls and press down to flatten. Keep cookies 2 inches apart on cookie sheet
- Place cookies in freezer for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375⁰F
- Remove cookies from freezer and bake for 12 minutes.
- Once finished baking, immediately sprinkle each cookie with sea salt and lavender bud
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets before moving to wire cooling rack.